The Nigerian Police Academy NPA [POLAC] is one of Nigeria’s foremost tertiary institutions, known for its excellence in academics and research. If you’re considering applying to POLAC, one of the crucial things you need to know is the POLAC cut-off mark. This post covers everything you need to know about the Nigerian Police Academy NPA [POLAC] cut-off mark for the 2024/2025 academic session.
What is POLAC Cut Off Mark For All Courses?
The POLAC cut-off mark is the minimum score that a candidate must obtain in the UTME conducted by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) to be eligible for admission into POLAC. In other words, if you score below the POLAC cut-off mark, you won’t be considered for admission into the university. POLAC Cut Off Mark for all courses is 180.
What is the POLAC Cut Off Mark for the 2024/2025 Academic Session?
To get admitted to the Nigerian Police Academy NPA [POLAC] aspirants must secure a cut-off mark of not less than 160 in their Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination. This means that candidates who scored 160 and above in the UTME are eligible to apply for admission into POLAC.
It’s important to note that meeting the POLAC cut-off mark doesn’t guarantee admission into the university. The cut-off mark is just one of the requirements for eligibility, and admission into POLAC is highly competitive.
READ ALSO: POLAC 2024/2025 Post UTME Form Is Out
POLAC 2024/2025 Post UTME Requirement
The Nigerian Police Academy NPA [POLAC] Cut-Off Mark for the 2024/2025 Academic session is 160. However, meeting this requirement alone does not guarantee admission into the Nigerian Police Academy [POLAC]. Other factors such as the post-UTME score, O’level results, and space availability in the desired course of study also come into play. Therefore, to increase your chances of admission, you must study hard, attend tutorials, and ensure that your O’level results meet the university’s requirements.
What Are the UTME Subjects Combination For POLAC?
Candidates seeking admission at POLAC or who want to Study at the Nigerian Police Academy, Wudil (POLAC), must have written and secured a minimum of Credit Passes in the following subjects in your WAEC/NECO Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, and English for science courses and two art subjects in place of Physics and Chemistry for art courses.
How To Calculate POLAC Aggregate Score
To calculate your POLAC (Nigeria Police Academy) aggregate score, you will need to follow these steps:
- Obtain your JAMB (Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board) score, which is the score you received in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).
- Obtain your Post UTME score, which is the score you received in the Post-UTME (Post-Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination) screening conducted by the Nigeria Police Academy.
- Add your JAMB score to your Post UTME score.
- Divide the sum by 2 (since you are averaging the scores). The formula is as follows:Aggregate Score = (JAMB Score + Post UTME Score) / 2
For example, if your JAMB score is 160 and your Post UTME score is also 160, your aggregate score would be:
Aggregate Score = (160 + 160) / 2 = 320 / 2 = 160
So, your POLAC aggregate score, in this case, would be 160.
Why Students Fail To Meet POLAC JAMB Cut-Off Mark
- Inadequate Preparation: Lack of adequate preparation is one of the major reasons why students fail to meet UTME cut-off marks. Many students do not dedicate enough time to studying and practicing past questions, which can affect their performance on the exam.
- Poor Time Management: Poor time management during the exam can also contribute to a student’s failure to meet the UTME cut-off mark. Students who are unable to manage their time effectively may run out of time before they are able to answer all the questions.
- Examination Anxiety: Examination anxiety is another common reason why students fail to meet UTME cut-off marks. Some students become nervous or anxious during the exam, which can affect their performance.
How Much Is POLAC Application Fee
According to the Nigerian Police Academy Management, the application Fee is 3,500 (Three Thousand Five Hundred Naira Only).
How To Score Above POLAC 2024/2025 Cut Off Mark And Secure Admission
Meeting the POLAC cut-off mark is just one of the requirements for admission into the university. To increase your chances of admission, you must also perform well in the post-UTME, have good O’level results, and choose a less competitive course if necessary.
With hard work, dedication, and a bit of luck, you can secure admission into POLAC and start your journey toward a successful career.
If you have any questions about the Nigerian Police Academy POLAC Cut-Off Mark, Please drop them in the comment box and they will be answered in no time.